Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Poconos


We just got back from spending the weekend in the Poconos with family friends. My mom's childhood friend, Susan, and her husband own a lot of land there and we always used to spend time there in the summers when I was younger. I probably hadn't been in 10 years. This year, my mom and Susan decided that they needed to get everyone together there for a reunion--her kids and my brothers and me. Unfortunately, Trevor couldn't go since he's in BASIC training with the National Guard in South Carolina. But on Thursday night after work, Michael, Tyler, Marie (Ty's girlfriend), my mom and me headed down to Pennsylvania. We didn't get in until 11:30 p.m. and took a while to get settled. Susan, Doug (her son), and Brooke (his girlfriend) weren't going to get in until Friday afternoon, and Nina (her daughter) and Vinny (her husband) weren't coming in until Saturday afternoon.


We had a great time. Tessa went crazy running around playing with Susan's dogs and was completely wiped by Sunday. We went hiking through the trails in the woods, the guys fished in the pond, we went in the hot tub, and really we all just hung around. It was great to catch up with everyone and hear what everyone has been up to. It's weird to think that we're all grown up now.


Overall, it was a relaxing weekend. On Friday, before everyone got into town, my mom, Marie and me took a drive an hour east into New Jersey to visit the bridal shop I planned to order my dress from... and I did end up getting my dress. But more on that later.

No comments: