Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Friday, April 11, 2008

They're ready for their close-up

My pride. My joy. My blood, sweat, and tears. *Big sigh*

My invitations.

They're beautiful, if I do say so myself. Though like any mother with a child, I tend to be biased.

OK, seriously. Invitations? Obviously not a child. But from the amount of work I put into them, it certainly feels like it sometimes. I have about 60 of them completely assembled, sealed, and ready to go out. I'll be finishing the rest this weekend and they will go out on Monday. You'll see!

In the meantime, enjoy photos of the finished product. Oh, and that's our newly finished, beautiful floor being used as a backdrop. With natural light coming in through our newly installed sliding glass door. Life is good.


11 comments:

Chitown Wife said...

Those are gorgeous! I love them. Congrats!

Jenna said...

The monochromatic color scheme is very nice. Everything goes together so well.

Anonymous said...

They look perfect. Congrats... You are soo talented. You bought a stamp with your address for RSVP, and wrote by hand who they were going to?

Beautiful. : )

Anonymous said...

Wow... did you write out everyones name on the RSVP? Or did you print that out? Emboss? Beautiful... lots of work.

Linda said...

Looks terrific. Congrats on all your hard work.

Anonymous said...

congratulations! your invites are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I know you embossed your designs onto everything but did you find the flower stamps that fit perfectly where you wanted them or did you cutom design those stamps?

Heather said...

Anonymous #1--
Yes, I bought a custom address stamp to use in two places. One was as the return address on the back flap of our invitation envelopes. The other was on the RSVP envelopes. That way, I didn't have to write out our address a zillion times.

Anonymous #2--
Each RSVP card is customized with each guest's name listed on it. I printed those off the computer.

Alicia--
I'm not completely sure I understand what you're asking. I only used one flower stamp. I just used different areas of the stamp on the different components of the invitations.

Anonymous said...

Heather i just wanna say thank you soooo much for the instructions u dont know how much u helped this bride in london!!!!!
They are BEAUTIFUL!!!
If u could also post instructions of how you stuck that main invite paper on to the the pocketfold coz i can see another layer beneth it. again thank u!

Leanne...the walker. said...

I'm a little late reading, but I've searched everywhere to find a nice map like yours. How did you make such a nice looking map?

Ashley said...

Your invitations are beautiful!!!
The flower design on your invites- is that a stamp or how did you do that? If it is a stamp, can you tell me where you got the stamp from? I am looking for something similar to use for our table numbers!

short2010wedding@gmail.com