Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Summer colds really suck

To the person who gave me this cold... I want to hunt you down and kick your ass.

I finally peeled myself off of the couch and got in the shower at 3:30 p.m. today. After sleeping for 11 hours last night and taking another 1.5 hour nap this afternoon. And I still feel tired.

I can't breathe. I can't hear. I can't taste food. My head feels like it weighs 50 lbs.

It's a beautiful 80-degree Saturday and the only time I've been outside today is to take the dog out to the bathroom and get the mail. This really, really sucks.

The cold came out of nowhere. I was my normal, happy, chipper (am I ever chipper?) self on Thursday, even attended a work event that evening and stayed late--I was having fun. I had been sneezing a lot on Thursday, but no big deal. Then as I was going to bed that night, I realized I was congested all of a sudden. Which made it difficult to sleep since I couldn't breathe through normally and had to get up every hour to go blow my nose. Lovely. Yesterday, I didn't really have any choice but to be functional. Aside from the breathing, I was actually feeling alright. I took Nyquil and went to bed early last night thinking that I'd get good rest and nip this thing in the bud. No such luck. I definitely feel worse today. I'm doped up on Sudafed and Advil, but nothing really seems to help.

I'm still planning on going to Lindsay's to hang out tonight, though. I just can't sit in this house any longer. We'll be outside, so I won't have to worry too much about being in close quarters and breathing on people and infecting them.

Alright, whine session over. I apologize, but at the moment, I really can't help but feel sorry for myself. I hate being stuck at home!

No comments: