Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Friday, August 3, 2007

Wedding Central

There is much to be said about starting planning early. I know I'm getting things done at a good pace, maybe even somewhat fast. I still feel behind based on some of the girls on The Knot. But there is still one really important thing I'm going to have to figure out before I go much further...

Where the hell am I going to keep this stuff??

I received a heads up that Michael's was having a 50% off sale on signature mat frames, and also on a bunch of other frames as well. So I went today and of course couldn't resist buying this stuff. I got the big signature mat frame for only $15, and then picked up four 8x10" frames for our photo frame cardbox. They were only $5 each, and nice frames!

My philosophy when it comes to major expenses (like a wedding, for instance), is that I would rather pay for stuff little by little instead of taking a big hit all at once. When you do that, you don't feel quite the impact that you normally would. The only disadvantage to doing this, you see, is that you have to find a place to store all of this stuff for 10 months.

In a small condo.

With no real extra storage space.

So I've come to the conclusion that the house is just going to be a little more messy than usual until June 21. Well, a little more messy for now. It'll probably be a LOT more messy as we get closer.

The house has begun to make its transformation into Wedding Central.

No comments: