Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Screeching Halt

I have been agonizing over this decision for several weeks now. Even before the wedding, I had thoughts about, "What will I do?"

But now I realize what I have to do. I have to stop.

For all of you who have e-mailed me and have not received answers... I apologize. But I just can't keep up. I get sooo many e-mails. And unfortunately, it pains me to say: I can't accept your orders. I can't answer all of your questions. It's just too much for me to handle.

I would love to be able to help all of you. Really, I would. But I have a full-time job. A house that I've noticed is often a huge disaster. Things that I want to do for myself that I have put off. And you know what? I want to relax.

It's a shame, because if I ever wanted to start my own business, now is the time to do it. I often think of how nice it would be to work from home, spend my days painting and being creative.

But the fact of the matter is that I am not brave enough to quit a steady job and start doing this stuff full time, and I'm not strong enough to do it all on top of another full-time job.

I want to cook more. I need to clean more. I want to have hobbies. I want to live my life.

I already have a long list of orders I have accepted from people, and I will fulfill those orders because it's the right thing to do. If I'm being completely honest, I am seriously lacking the motivation to get even those ones done. Just taking care of them is going to keep me busy for quite a while. And the truth is that it's daunting. It's daunting to look at my long list, and it has been killing me to watch it grow. So I have to put a stop to it... it can't grow any larger.

As of right now, I am no longer accepting orders. I am SO sorry.

I will try to catch up on the e-mails that are sitting in my inbox, because you all deserve some kind of response.

I will certainly post about this again if something changes. But looking forward, I can only see my life getting busier. In September, aerobics classes will start up again during the week. Football begins. Friends are having babies. We have stuff going on most of the weekends. My workload at my job will pick up again.

I hope you all can understand.

9 comments:

Kate said...

I don't think you need to apologize. I got married in June, too, and am SO enjoying being wedding-planning-free for a while. You deserve that too. I do think you're doing the right thing by fulfilling the orders you've accepted, but beyond that, I don't think you should feel bad in the slightest.

I stumbled across your blog back in March, when I was searching for inspiration for my DIY programs. Most of my friends are long married, so I enjoyed reading your blog because you were usually going through the same planning crisis that I was. (I ended up borrowing from your program idea: http://www.flickr.com/photos/katelowery/2685847037/in/set-72157606424774349/ )

I hope you're enjoying newlywed-dom as much as I am, and don't forget...it's ok to relax!!

Lyndsay Breid said...

Good for you!!!

Ms. 122 said...

no need to apologize, you gotta do what's best for you! best of luck in realizing your goals and hopes and dreams.

Sara said...

Don't apoligize at all. We completely understand. Frankly I'm in love with you already because of all of your talent. You really have inspired me to do some of this wedding stuff myself. As long as you don't close the blog I'll be perfectly happy because I have been using alot of your old posts to help me out. Good luck with everything, thanks so much for all you have done for the rest of us "brides-to-be" :-D

Anonymous said...

Awww Heather, I don't think you need to apologize. You need to do what's best for you, and people understand that.

Honestly, your Knot bio and your blog are so gorgeous and so helpful. As long as you keep the bio up so you can continue to inspire people to let their imaginations run wild with dreams of fun and fresh colors, we'll be happy. :)

You should take a break from blogging. Take as long as you need. Honestly, people really do understand that you need time to just be "Heather the Newlywed who needs to clean her house" and not always "Heather the crafty chick who is going to supply me with instructions on how to make my wedding look just like hers."

Best of luck with getting back to normalcy! :)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of knot bio, what is yours?? I've tried finding it but never could! Your blog has been so helpful I've been dying to see your bio!

P.S. You look out for what's best for yourself!

Dana said...

You have some great ideas and I wonder how you were doing all those orders and still planning your wedding. Relax and enjoy being a newlywed. Pick up some hobbies outside of wedding planning.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Ur time is now , enjoy u new hubby, and ur job!! maybe u can keep the blog open and just do mock-ups of stuff that wont take alot of time and we can follow ur instructions and do it oursleves like you did.
to thine own self be true!!
we love u

Anonymous said...

I realize that I am a little late. I book marked your blog months ago and recently sent you an email with a runner request. I was wondering why you did not respond, so I decided to do my runner myself (using your instructions). I just noticed this post and as I read it I thought "Oh, that's why I haven't heard from her." Well, I am just glad that you are ok. And even though I haven't corresponded with you before, I agree with the other posters. "Do You" And don't feel bad about it. Thank you for sharing your talents and ideas with the rest of us creatively challenged folks. Have a wonderful life!