In my dream, everything that could have gone wrong with our wedding--did go wrong with our wedding. Well, actually I shouldn't say that. The alarm went off (or rather, the dog jumped on my head) before we even made it to the church. You see, we were running wayyy behind, because everything was going so horribly.
I'd start a narrative of the dream, but it's so disjointed (like many dreams are), it'd just be a rambling mess. So I'll just list off things I remember:
- My hair? It was never done. I don't know why. I guess my stylist didn't show up.
- The flowers were all the wrong color.
- Our photographers were an hour late.
- The bridesmaids? Fighting.
- We didn't even start getting me into my dress until after 1:00. The limo? Supposed to pick the girls up at 1:30.
- As I pulled my hoop skirt out to put it on, I realized one of the hoops had come undone and I had to mess around with it for 10 minutes to get it figured out.
- Once the dress was finally on, I was walking out the door to go outside and my leg somehow got caught underneath the screen door. No clue how. But blood, dirt, and a torn dress were the results.
- Once outside, we were miraculously in the same place as all the guys. In my dream, I was making a big deal about Michael not seeing me before the wedding. I insisted someone put a blindfold on him.
- At this time, I realize that only two of the groomsmen have tuxes. Michael, the other four groomsmen, and the dads all have no tuxes. They're standing there in street clothes. Mind you, at this time in the dream (approx. 1:30 for a 2:00 wedding), the guys were not only supposed to be dressed, but they were already supposed to be at the church.
- Apparently, there was a problem with the tuxes. The guys are standing at the end of the driveway as if they expect the tuxes to magically appear.
- I start blaming Michael for not coordinating the pick-up of the tuxes on the Thursday before the wedding.
I don't really remember anything else. The limo never arrived. I woke up before the tux issue was resolved. I still had blood and dirt on my dress, and a tear in it.
I guess I can rest assured that in the dream, should I have dreamt the rest of it, we probably would have been married at some point during the day. As long as I didn't kill anybody before I finally got to the church.
What do these things even mean?? How does the subconscious come up with this stuff?