Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

7 months to go

Seven months. Exactly seven months from now and we'll be married. We'll probably be living it up at the reception, dancing and drinking with family and friends. At that point, the stress of it all will be over. We'll be leaving for Hawaii the day after tomorrow. Ahhh, what a fabulous feeling that will be!

I'd be lying if I said I'm not starting to feel just a tinge of panic. It's probably irrational, but I just worry about all that is still left to be done. I know I can do it, but it seems like time is, all of a sudden, passing at an amazingly fast rate. I'm afraid I'll blink and all of a sudden it'll be June. Eeeek.

We're currently working on booking a bunch of things: limo, rehearsal dinner, and cake. We need to make an appointment at our reception venue to taste our menu selections. And I'm looking to get a start on making the invitations. That's probably a two-month project in itself, just because they're time consuming and I want to do them little by little so I don't drive myself crazy.

The corner in our dining room that houses our wedding stuff is starting to overflow. The shipment of paper (for invitations) we received last week really sent it over the edge. So now, I'm just trying to get stuff done just to get it out of the house and stored over at my mom's. *sigh* I wish I had an extra room to just throw wedding stuff in and call it "the wedding room." Haha. Seriously, though. It's such a pain in the ass to be working on a project and have it overtake the dining room/kitchen (which is one and the same) table. And it's inconvenient to have to put a project away, take it out again, put it away, etc. so as a result, the dining room table just looks like a constant mess. It's really starting to wear on me! But I don't know what else to do, we just don't have any other place for me to do it, and I don't have any other solution.

So... seven more months of our house looking like a disaster. It'll undoubtedly get worse before it gets better. I hope I can make it through.

No comments: