Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

"When are you getting married??"

That's the first question anybody asks when they find out you're engaged. Well, after "how did he do it?" :)

The funny thing is that it's not like you have an answer. I mean, people started asking me this less than 24 hours after the engagement as if we would already have set a date. So at first, the answer was really vague--"next summer." Then, as Michael and I discussed it more, it became "next June."

Then when we had started looking at reception places and contacted churches, we narrowed it down to June 28, 2008. But then the reception place booked the date because someone walked in with a deposit. Back to the drawing board.

Now, we are about 99.9% sure it is June 21, 2008. We will hopefully be signing a contract with our reception venue Friday afternoon. Then that will be one huge weight off of my shoulders.

And then the countdown officially begins.

No comments: