Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Halting orders... to get married!

Today marks five months until our wedding. With that comes a huge reality check.

I started organizing my "to-do" list today and it turned out to be quite overwhelming. While I have a huge jumpstart on a lot of things, I still have tons and tons of things left to do, including several DIY projects. Also, as we approach our wedding day, things are going to get busier in general--meetings with vendors, showers, bachelorette party, etc.

As a result, I'm going to have to stop taking orders for projects for other brides. I already have quite a list of projects to complete, and I will definitely honor those who have already placed orders. I've done some calculations and some estimating and I can handle what I already have. It's disappointing for me to have to do this, but I have to be realistic in what I can accomplish and the fact of the matter is, I have to build in some time for myself to do things for my own wedding.

I've decided that instead of announcing this now and just suddenly halting orders--I will continue to accept new orders through January 31. So if you are a February-July 2008 bride, and you'd like to order a banner, aisle runner, monograms, etc., you should e-mail me ASAP (roadtotheaisle@gmail.com) to get on my order list.

I do, however, plan to start back up on projects after the wedding. So, starting February 1, I will only accept orders from those who are getting married on or after August 1.

I appreciate all of your business, and I appreciate your patience through this period of time... it's coming quickly, and it's getting real--I'm getting married!

I really like helping other brides, and will continue to answer e-mails with any questions anyone might have about DIY projects I have done.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding my hiatus, please e-mail me.

Best of luck to everyone who is planning!

No comments: