Tonight, I worked on the seemingly endless task of making my pocketfolders for my invitations. I've been trying to do 10 of them at a time whenever I get the chance, but unfortunately, the last few weeks, I have really had ZERO chances. So tonight, I buckled down and actually tackled 20 of them.
After I was finished, I looked at my pile of paper and momentarily thought, "Man, I am barely getting anywhere with these things! Look at that paper and how many I have left to do still!" And then it occured to me to count the ones I had finished. So I quickly counted up the pocketfolds that are complete, and surprisingly (but at the same time, not surprisingly--I've worked on them quite a few times!), I have 91 of them finished. I only need a total of approximately 130. Then, I looked back at my pile of custom cut paper for the pocketfolds, and I realized--there is no way that is only 40 sheets of paper. I went ahead and counted the sheets and not only do I have the 40 for the remaining 40 pocketfolds I need to make, but I have 50 additional sheets!
Jackpot! I'm not sure if it was intentional or unintentional on the part of Anchor Paper, but thanks, Tom!
With those extra sheets, coupled with the big scraps I have from the custom cutting Anchor did, I think I have enough paper to make the covers of our programs. By my count, I have enough to make approximately 75 programs--if we only hand them out one per couple or family, I think that will be plenty (200 guests invited). I had planned on ordering more paper for them--again cut to a custom size to save me some time--but if I don't use all this extra paper for programs, I'm not quite sure what I'll use it for. I'd hate to see it go to waste. So we'll see what happens. Tom might've just saved us some money.
Not only am I happy about the discovery of extra paper, but I'm also ecstatic that I only have 40 pocketfolds to go. It's a huge relief. Then onto the next stage of the invitation process--finalizing the design of and printing the inserts.