Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pro Pics, Part 11: Parent Dances

Shortly after the cake cutting, we did our parent dances.

I agonized for quite a while over what song to use for the "father/daughter" dance. None of them seemed quite right. I finally decided to give the song research and choice to my dad as his one "fatherly duty," and he came to me a week later with a YouTube link to "I Loved Her First" by Heartland. It was more cliche than I originally wanted, but the song meant a lot to my dad, and it ended up being perfect.

Getting ready to dance.


Love this picture. It is one of my favorites from the day.


My dad got super emotional. Oh, and you should have seen my mom on the sidelines! I only looked at her once because I was afraid she was going to make me cry. She was bawling her eyes out! Her best friend had to go over and comfort her, haha!


Have I mentioned lately how much I loved my dress? ;)

Next up were Michael and his mom. They danced to "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong.

1 comment:

ktmac32 said...

I love that picture with you and your dad! Two of my favorite pictures from my wedding are of my dad, one was of him pinning my husbands boutonniere on. When I first saw the picure I started crying! We didn't do father/daughter, mother/son dances, but seeing your pictures I wish we did! My mom was a basket case on my wedding day, but she crys about everything!