Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pro Pics, Part 12: Bouquet & Garter Toss

All the single ladies came out to the dance floor...


They were quite enthusiastic.

I was aiming for a certain someone... it was a lot of pressure.


How am I going to get this into her hands? I toss...

The girls watch it fly...
And ummm, yeah. It hit the ceiling, and then hit the floor. I'm not going to be a professional bouquet tosser any time soon. Ultimately, my 6-year-old cousin picked it up off of the floor and gave it to Marie, my brother's girlfriend. Luckily, that was exactly who I wanted to have it. You see, my brother had confessed a month or two before the wedding that he was planning to propose to Marie sometime after our wedding. She didn't know about the pending proposal, but I thought it would be fun if we could rig it so that she would catch the bouquet and he would catch the garter.

I have no idea what I was telling him. Probably that I don't want to be embarrassed in front of our grandmothers. Ha!





The toss...

Score! That's my brother. We were happy that although it wasn't perfect, the plan worked out quite nicely.

We only did the garter replacement and dance because it had turned out the way we wanted. Had the bouquet and garter ended up in the hands of strangers, or even people who weren't dating, we would have nixed it on the spot. Our DJ was aware of how we felt, so he was prepared to go either way with it.

We had planned for them to dance to "God Bless the Broken Road." I'm not sure if it's actually "their" song, but I knew it was one that they liked.

Cute! My brother ended up proposing on the 4th of July. We were still on our honeymoon in Hawaii, but they text messaged us to share the happy news. They're going to get married in October 2010.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going to be so sad when you get all of the rounds of pro pictures posted! I love coming home from a long day of work and seeing the latest addition. haha, yes, I realize that sounds very pathetic :)