Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Friday, August 1, 2008

Pro Pics, Part 8: Introductions & First Dance

So, are you guys thinking the pro pic series must be coming to an end?

Well, if you are... you're wrong. I figured it out last night, and I still have seven more "installments" to do. That means a whole 'nother week of pro pics. Hopefully you're not sick of seeing them.

Our reception started at 5:30 p.m., beginning with our cocktail hour. Thanks to our amazing photographers and their efficiency, we remained on schedule throughout the break between the ceremony and reception, and we actually made it to the cocktail hour on time! We may have actually been a few minutes early. We told them from the very beginning that we wanted to be at our entire reception. We figured we're throwing this expensive party--we want to enjoy every minute of it with our guests!

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, we did sneak out for a few minutes during dinner, which was a nice compromise with our photographers. We certainly weren't missing much since our guests were busy eating. Since we had done the receiving line at the church, there wasn't any pressure to go around and do table visits.

Anyway, at around 6:30 p.m., the DJ lined up the bridal party for introductions.

It's funny, I have no recollection of what song our parents entered to. The DJ had a suggestion for it, and I let him run with it. I guess I'll find out once we get our video, huh?


This was a mistake on the part of the DJ. As previously explained, my parents are divorced, but friendly. I wanted them to be introduced together. I explained to the DJ that they should be introduced with separate names.

My mom still has my dad's last name (she never changed it back). I wanted them introduced as "Charles Lastname & Cynthia Lastname" instead of "Charles & Cynthia Lastname" (which implies they're still married). I guess the DJ didn't understand what I was saying, because he called them completely separately, and made them walk out by themselves. I hated that, but there was obviously nothing I could do to fix it. In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal.

Then the song changed for our bridal party. Prior to our final meeting with the DJ, we had problems coming up with a song for bridal party introductions. But then we got the same request from 3-4 different bridal party members. These guys wanted to come out to "Sexyback!" So that was that. The decision was made for us.

Carrie and Jay were very into it. As you can probably imagine, they were two of the people who had specifically requested "Sexyback." :)

Then it was our turn. We were introduced to "Signed, Sealed, Delivered." We liked that it had a nice beat to it. And obviously the words make sense. Adding to all of that, we're big Barack Obama fans and his campaign played the song pretty regularly throughout the primary season. So it was our subtle nod to Barack, too. ;)

We went right into our first dance to "I'll Always Be Right There" by Bryan Adams.

Ring shots.

Loved my dress so much!

A twirl! Every girl loves twirling in a big dress. :)

Our bridal party was apparently amused by the twirl, judging by this photo. Love the look on Carrie's face.

More to come!

No comments: