Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Both of our families really do the big celebrating on Christmas Eve. So last night, Michael went to his parents' for dinner and to hang out, while I went to my cousin Lindsay's (who is a bridesmaid) to hang out with my mom's side of the family. As usual, the children were the stars of the show. After things started to wind down with my family, I drove over to Michael's parents' to exchange gifts with his family.

A few photos from last night:

She may only be 5 months old, but she was really good at opening her own presents.

My little cousin, Kiara. She had the cutest little outfit on, and her hair was straightened (it's normally curly). She looked so grown up!

Little Mia sucking her thumb and watching the family craziness.

Jada and Kiara, so excited about their Hannah Montana dolls.

Mia had a little Santa suit. I forgot to take a picture of her earlier in the night, when she was also sporting a Santa hat!

Lindsay's husband, Jeff, dressed up as Santa Claus. We had him hidden in the garage. Lindsay sent him into the backyard just to walk around back there. I then went into the living room and told the kids, "Hey! I just saw Santa walking around in the backyard! Come see, hurry!"

The kids were all so damn cute about it. They were all looking out the windows and couldn't believe their eyes. A few minutes after Santa disappeared, little Kiara (in the red dress) turned to her grandmother and said "Mimi, did you see Santa out there?" and then she turned to her aunt and said, "That was the REAL Santa!" A magical and memorable moment for us all. :)

Me, completely stuffed (I don't think I could have eaten another single morsel), and at Michael's parents' house to open gifts.

No comments: