Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Symbols of Eternity

We went to The Source today and officially ordered our wedding rings. I ended up going with the plain platinum wedding band. The one with the channel set diamonds (that matched my engagement ring) was too much for me. I think I'm going to be happy with my choice. Michael went with his favorite from back in October, too. He got a platinum band with a brushed finish with polished edges.

We thought we were going to be able to get a discount on them with a coupon we received in the mail, but wouldn't you know--"special orders" aren't eligible, and given that you have to order a ring in your size, pretty much everything is a special order. Bastards.

Oh well, we never expected to get that coupon in the mail in the first place, so we ended up paying what we budgeted for them. And based on a tip from one of the best negotiators I know (a guy I work with, Jose)--we took cash with us to the store to hopefully be able to negotiate a slightly lower price, just based on the fact that they wouldn't have to process our credit card.

It worked--we got 5% off the total just for paying for them right then and there. It's not much nof a discount, but it's something!

And now that's one more thing off the to-do list and paid for. We expect them to be delivered to the store within three weeks. We have until then to decide what we want to have engraved on them. Interestingly enough, we hadn't even thought about that prior to going in there. It is just one of those details that has managed to completely slip my mind.

To have the date engraved is free, but if we want to add something else, it is $12. After what we paid for the rings, $12 (or $24 for the two of them) is really not a big deal, haha. At first, we couldn't really think of anything meaningful to put on there, but tonight I thought maybe it would be cool to do "I'll Always Be Right There." It's the title of the song we're going to use for our first dance. Not only that, but it's a nice message to carry with us throughout our marriage, eh?

No comments: