Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Banners, banners everywhere

I've officially stopped taking orders for February, March, April, May, June, and July 2008 weddings. I just can't handle any more projects that need to be completed before my own wedding. However, that still leaves me with many projects to complete that were previously ordered. My goal is to get them all done by the end of March so that I can officially concentrate on our wedding.

Right now, I'm in the crunch stage--trying to get all of these projects done in the next several weeks. Last weekend, I began tackling four banners. I've found that it's easier if I do batches at one time. I have to do the cutting, the trimming, the ribbon edging, etc. and I might as well do several all at once instead of doing seeing each project completely through one at a time.

So I did all of the measuring and cutting and attached the ribbon to all four banners last weekend. All that was left to do was the painting. Which is sometimes easier said than done. This week, throughout being busy and being sick, I managed to someone paint all four banners, which are now ready to go. I'll be shipping them out on Monday.

First one was a monogram banner for Vicki, who is getting married in a few weeks. She sent me the monogram (I did not design it), and I painted it for her:

Next are three bride banners. This one is for Sandy, who is getting married on March 29 (black ribbon edging, ivory muslin):

This one is for Christy, who is getting married in May. It is pretty much the same as Sandy's (above), but it is on white muslin instead of ivory:

Finally, here is one for Holly, who is getting married on April 4:


Many more to come soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love our banner. My FI thought you really did a great job. Can't wait to see it in person. You really brought the monogram out. Vicki

Anonymous said...

I love ours too!!! Thanks so much Heather, can't wait to get it! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

s