Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Program Mock-up

I finally got around to making a full mock-up of our programs. I had been working on the content of the pages for a while, on and off. The wording and positioning and everything on each page still needs some work, but it's basically all in place.

This is a really ROUGH mock-up. I'm going to make several changes for the final version.

The front cover. The name seal thing ended up being too big for my taste when I actually pasted it on there. I'm also not sure how I'm going to end up tying the ribbon. First, I might use 1/8" ribbon instead of 1/4". Secondly, I might just tie it in a knot instead of a bow.

Inside the front cover and the title page.

The wedding party pages.

The ceremony. This is the centerfold page... and I don't like how the ribbon is so thick. I'm hoping the 1/8" ribbon will be better. We'll see.


Left page contains both of our readings so people can follow along. The right is our "In Loving Memory" page.

Last page, thank yous to our parents, friends, and family.
I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. I want to make the inside pages a little bit bigger so that they are closer to the size of the cover. I also need to figure out the best way to print double-sided... the way I did it this time, the "cut" marks did not line up the same way on both sides so I ended up having the edges of the words cut off on some pages, where there was extra space on others. I'll have to play around with it. Finally, I need to figure out a better way to punch the holes for the ribbon. My hole punch only goes so far in, and I ended up making marks in the blue paper by trying to get the hole punch in as far as it would go. Oops.

Just another DIY project to refine and complete.

4 comments:

Dana said...

I have been looking at your blog. I am going to use your invitation instructions. Can you tell me did you order more paper for your programs or was that already included in your paper order when you did your invitations? Please email me at butterfly1973_73@yahoo.com. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I love this! I've picked the same color for my wedding (your bridesmaid dresses are almost identical to mine) and have been looking for some new ideas. I was wondering where you got the paper for your programs and how you went about designing them...font, wording, printing? Was there a program that you used? You defiantly have a gift for creativity! You can email me at staci.harrell@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Trevor and Danielle Foster said...

Wow, you are amazing!!! I used to be a crafty person...until I got engaged, I feel like I've lost all of my creative juices. I love your programs and I was wondering if you could email me the template?! Email me at: daniellebrianna@gmail.com
I appreciate your detailed directions on the photo card box as well, I am totally going to do that :)
Thank you so much!

Heather said...

Dbutterfly--
For whatever reason, I was sent more blue paper than I ordered, so I was able to design my programs using the leftover paper from my invitations. It's my understanding that this doesn't normally happen with Anchor Paper. I just got lucky, I guess. So normally, yes, you'd have to order extra paper for programs.

Anonymous (Staci?)--
I ordered all paper from Anchor Paper (www.anchorpaper.com). I designed everything in Microsoft Publisher.

Danielle--
I'm sorry, but I do not share my templates. I've been doing projects like these on the side for a while now, and since they are my files, and my designs, I don't like to give them away for free. I spend hours and hours putting together the stuff that I do--and as much as I like to help others (by posting instructions for many things, and answering questions), sending templates is something that I'm just not willing to do. Sorry.