Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The sound of music

Last night, we went and met with a pianist/organist who is a possibility for our ceremony. Our church gave us a list of musicians we can use, so we could always go with one of them. However, the guy we met with is in Michael's martial arts class, so we figured we would meet with him and go from there.

The meeting was pretty uneventful. He played us some of the music choices for the different processionals (mothers, bridesmaids, bride), and recessional, plus some prelude music, unity candle, etc. We didn't make any final choices. Oh, except for the choice for which there was no consideration... "Canon in D." I have always wanted to walk down the aisle to "Canon in D." Overdone? Perhaps. But I don't care. There's something about the song that just makes me feel so... bridal.

I told the pianist and I wanted to use "Canon in D" so of course he began playing it.

A few weeks ago, someone asked me whether I thought I would cry coming down the aisle, or during the vows, or at any time on the wedding day. I said, honestly, that I wasn't sure--it could go either way. I thought perhaps I would be so nervous/excited that I wouldn't cry. Or I could be a complete mess.

Well, if last night's meeting with the musician was any indication--I'll be a complete mess.

We were sitting behind him while he was playing, and as soon as he started with the "Canon in D," I got all teary-eyed. I looked at Michael, who I think was surprised by my sudden emotional reaction, and with a cracking voice, I said, "this makes me cry!"

Oh, those photos are going to be lovely. Can you imagine "the ugly cry"? Picture it in your head.

That's me.

No comments: