Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Monday, July 7, 2008

Officially Heather Newlastname

After almost two hours of waiting, everything went smoothly at the Social Security Office. I left there and immediately went to the DMV. Luckily, they were running quickly. I was probably only there for less than 30 minutes. I got my picture retaken (ugh), filled out a couple of forms while I was waiting, paid $10, and bam... done.

They gave me my new registration on the spot, and a temporary license. My photo license and my new title for my car will come in the mail within two weeks. Now, I can change my name with everything else... work, banks, credit cards, etc. I'm going to try to get all of that squared away this week so I don't have to keep living with a bit of an identity crisis. I'm Heather Newlastname some places, but still Heather Oldlastname in others! Confusing.

What an afternoon!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Congratulations on officially getting the new last name! It's been a month for me, and I'm still getting used to it!! :)