Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Monday, May 12, 2008

The state of things

Less than six weeks to go, and I find myself starting to get just a teensy bit stressed. I guess you can say that I'm just starting to feel the crunch. So much to do, so little time.

It's weird when we lay our weekends out in front of us:

Next weekend--Hair and makeup trial on Saturday.

Memorial Day weekend--Meeting with DJ on Friday night. Visiting Michael's sister on Saturday. Parties on Saturday night.

May 31--Bachelor/bachelorette parties.

June 7/8--So far, nothing. But I'm sure we'll be busy.

June 14--Final haircut/highlights before the wedding.

And then the wedding is here. Umm, hello! Five more weekends?? That's IT? Do you know how fast weeks and weekends go by??? And there's only five left?? WHAT??

Breathe. Just breathe.

I know it'll all work out, but it's just amazing to think about.

Currently, we have nine days left until our RSVP date and we're still waiting on 73 responses. I hope they start rolling in, because I really don't want to have to make those calls. Speaking of RSVPs, we got our first unexpected no responses today. It was from a friend of mine from college. His girlfriend apparently has grad school that weekend, but I was disappointed that he's not coming. His parents live right here in the area and it just seems like he could have easily come out by himself and at least dropped by the wedding for a few hours--and spend time with his parents, too. But you know... you can't control what people choose to do. And I can see not wanting to come solo. I understand it, and I respect it--but it's disappointing, nonetheless.

On Saturday, we went over to my mom's house and spent a few hours there picking out old photos to use for the photo slideshow we're going to put together for the rehearsal dinner. Yesterday, we had lunch with my mom and brothers for Mother's Day, and then we went over to Michael's parents' to have dinner with them. While over there, we spent some time going through old albums to get photos of Michael, too. I was able to scan them all today. Now we have to start editing them together. Only problem is that we're having trouble with the Nero software that we have. I did a test burn today, and we couldn't get it to play in either one of our DVD players. And it's supposedly "compatible with all DVD players." Yeah right. Why can't anything be easy?

I'm also freaking out a little bit about the bridesmaids dresses. We ordered back in January. Supposedly, they were going to be shipped out to me today... but I didn't receive a UPS tracking number like I was supposed to. So now I'm not even sure if they shipped. I have plans to meet up with one of my out-of-town bridesmaids on Friday afternoon to give her the dress... but obviously that can't happen if I don't have the damn dress! We're cutting it close now, all these girls still need to get alterations! I'll feel a lot better once everyone has their dresses and I know that they fit. Until then, I'm a little on edge.

Summer hours started at work this morning. Normally, I work Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. From now until the end of August, I have to go in earlier--8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.--but only Monday through Thursday. Friday? I only have to work from 8:00 a.m. to noon. I love my half-day Fridays! It helps take a little bit of the stress away to know that I'll have those extra hours to help me get things done leading up to the wedding.

Oh! While we were at Michael's parents' yesterday, we were also able to pick up Michael's birth certificate. So now we're all set to go get our marriage license. Just need to figure out a good day to do it. We're going to meet up over the lunch hour one of these days. In New York, the licenses are good for 60 days... so we've been eligible to get it for quite some time now. It'll be nice to have the certificate that makes it all official!

OK, enough rambling for tonight. I'm making my own head spin, I can't imagine how you all feel. :)

4 comments:

Melissa & James said...

My fiance and I got our marriage license yesterday and it does make it official feeling ... more so than all the invitations, dresses, etc...

It's a pretty cool feeling :)

Lyndsay Breid said...

I feel your stress! Everything will work out though. I keep telling myself that people get married every day, so it can't be that difficult to pull off. ;)

Anonymous said...

I just want to say I love your blog! I just came across it the other day and because of it I've decided to start my own. I hadn't wanted to but I realize I'm def. going to want to have these memories after my wedding so thank you so much for posting! Also, I wanted to know what code you used to make it so you could sort through your posts by their label on your homepage..if you don't mind sharing I'd appreciate it!

Heather said...

Jaynie Lynn,

It is not a code. It's actually just a feature of Blogger. Take a look and explore under your "Page Elements." You'll get the hang of it.

Good luck!