Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Saturday, May 3, 2008

We ate like kings

Today, we went to Bed Bath and Beyond to use our gifts cards we received at the shower. We also received two waffle makers, so we had to return one of them. They gave us store credit, so we found something else to buy with that money, too.

We ended up walking out with a rice cooker, a 5-piece Calphalon gadget set (that we needed very badly--mainly for the can opener since ours sucked), a new sink strainer (it's amazing how good the sink looks now), and... a BLENDER!

Last weekend, since we had such nice weather, we really wanted to make strawberry daquiris. Unfortunately, last summer, the motor in our smoothie maker totally died, and we never replaced it. Instead of getting another smoothie maker, we decided to go with a high-powered, good quality blender. We'll see how it works. I'm hoping to test it out tonight. We even stopped by the new liquor store for some rum. ;)

Once home, we fired up the new rice cooker to help us with dinner. Then we ate dinner using our brand new dinnerware!

We decided to go with an old favorite from Rachael Ray. Delicious! And it certainly looked great on our new dishes.

No comments: