Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mid-Day Update

My coworkers just threw Michael and me a "shower" at lunchtime.

They had lunch catered in from a famous (locally) BBQ joint... soo good. Pulled pork, BBQ chicken breasts, salt potatoes, cornbread... I'm stuffed. There were also glorious fresh tortilla chips and salsa (also from the BBQ place). Yum, yum, yum.

And of course there was a celebratory cake.

So now it's official: That was my last real "indulgence" before the wedding. Well, before the rehearsal dinner. That's my new rule, and I'm sticking to it (maybe).

They also all chipped in and bought us our new down comforter. Fantastic! We need a new one really badly. With our current one, all of the feathers constantly shift down to the bottom of the comforter, weighing it down so it practically falls off the foot of our bed every night until we turn it around. Then we have like three nights of SO much fluff up by our heads. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, now that it's summer, we aren't in dire need of the comforter, but we do still use it. If it's hot, it just inevitably gets kicked off the bed. But between windows open, central air, and an oscillating fan blowing, we are usually chilly at some point during the night. Now we just need to get our new duvet cover and bedding set (sheets, pillows, etc.). Hopefully we'll be able to complete everything after the honeymoon and we'll have a whole new bedroom. Or, at least it will seem like it.

We enjoyed ourselves hanging out with everyone, and it helped to break up the day a little bit. It was such a nice gesture. And now I can't get over how little time I actually have left here at work! Tomorrow, half day Friday, and then only Monday and Tuesday! Whoa!

P.S. I won't be able to get any pics up of the new programs until tomorrow. I'm sorry! But I screwed up and miscalculated how much paper I was going to need, and I ran out. So now I don't have enough of the pages printed to make a full mock-up.

I am going to run to the paper store right after work, finish printing tonight, and then bring them into work tomorrow morning to have them cut. I should have something up tomorrow night!

And really, I don't want to get your expectations up that high... they're really not that fabulous. But you'll see!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Glad you figured out a good program template to use! Can't wait to see them :)