Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Speedy Gonzalez

I feel like Speedy Gonzalez. So much to do, so many places to go... so little time. I just want to zip around chanting, "Andale! Andale!"

This weekend has been a busy one. Friday, I got out of work at noon. I immediately went home and began working on that table runner for Sandi. Worked on that all afternoon. After that was finished, I did all of the cutting I needed to do for the brunch invitations, and glued the layers together. Michael and I went out and got some dinner, then when we came home, I stuffed and addressed all the brunch invites, then embossed our return address on the back. Then I don't even remember what I did... I guess I went to bed.

Saturday, we got up and immediately took a little drive to these hiking trails near our house. Since we knew it was going to be ungodly hot, we wanted to get outside to enjoy it a little bit (with Tess, too) before it was unbearable. We completed a very short hike then went home. I showered, then immediately headed out to run errands.

Post office to mail brunch invitations--check.
Hit the mall to drop off cake serving set and toasting flutes for engraving--check.
Buy more candy to finish the favors--check.

Now that I'm typing this out, it occurs to me that I completely forgot to take photos of the favors. Whoops. And now they're at my mom's.

I also stopped by Michael's to buy more votive candles for the reception tables since they were on sale. Once home, I threw an angel food cake mix into the oven for Michael's mom's birthday, and then we sat down to finish putting together the favor bags. On our way over to celebrate his mom's birthday, we stopped by my mom's to drop off the favors to hang out in her basement for the next two weeks since it's so cool down there. Chocolate + 90 degree weather = Not good. So now they are safe from melting over there.

At Michael's parents' house, we not only had angel food and strawberries for his mom's birthday, but we spent a few hours going through more photo albums to collect and scan additional photos for the slideshow. Fun times. When we got home (at around 10 p.m.), I sat down and started working on the table number luminaries.

Today, again... on the go. We attended the rehearsal for our vocalist (a friend of ours) and our organist, and finalized the ceremony music. Then we ran more errands. We went and picked up the toasting flutes (they came out SO awesome) and serving set from being engraved. We went to Old Navy to return some things. Went to Target.

At home, there was no relaxing to be had. I sat down and finished the rest of the table number luminaries. They came out so well, I am so pleased with them and can't wait to see them on all of the tables. A few photos:

I packed them up safely in a couple of boxes, ready to go to the reception venue the day before the wedding.

We ate dinner, then I sat down and proceeded to spend the 4-5 hours finishing our photo slideshow. At LEAST an hour of that was spent with the two of us in front of the computer trying to figure out the damn music selections. Aggravating. But it's done. We're going to make a few tweaks here and there, but all in all, it is another check off the list!

Pretty productive weekend, eh?

13 days!


Dimitri said...

WOW, I love these. Can you share with my what did you use to make these?

please email

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather..where did you end up taking your toasting flutes and serving set to be engraved? Did you end up going with Things Remembered or somewhere else?

Heather said...

OMGosh! You are making me feel that nervous/excited/anxious feeling and I still have two months to go! The list of all the little things is daunting!

Anonymous said...

hello love the table number please share how you did this