Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Monday, April 14, 2008

And... they're off!

Invitations officially went in the mail this morning. I stopped by the post on the way into work. I thought I had given myself plenty of time, but there were already like seven people in line when I got there at 8:05. I neglected to think that there would be major procrastinators there... trying to get their taxes out in time! Annoying.

I waited in the line anyway. I wanted to 1) see if they would allow me to hand cancel them (which they didn't), 2) have them double check the weight and the postage (definitely didn't want 100 invitations returned to us for insufficient postage), and 3) find out how much postage to put on my cousin's invite, which had to go to South Korea.

After 25 minutes waiting in line, they were gone and I was on my way out of the post office empty-handed. I have to admit: Even though I was totally relieved to finally have them done and out of our house, I was also a little bit sad. I guess it was bittersweet. But I'm over it--now we're looking forward to getting the RSVPs back!

This is me last night after they were all officially assembled, stamped, and packed to go to the post office:

The invitations in my front seat this morning:

And into USPS they go...

I hope they get to everyone unscathed. I have nightmares about them arriving to the guests completely destroyed. I just spent SO much time on them, I would absolutely die if they turn out like crap by the time they get to the people they were intended for. We'll see what happens! People locally should receive them tomorrow!

1 comment:

tina said...

Congratulations! I got my save the dates in the mail last night. I was so excited that I walked down to the mailbox at 10:30 p.m. I *almost* took pictures, too, but chickened out.

Congrats again.