Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

For Keeps

I've seen a framed wedding invitation in just about every house I've been in--at least those of married couples. Because our invitations are not of the regular "card" variety, I kind of figured maybe we wouldn't frame an invitation at all. But over the weekend, it hit me. The perfect solution: a shadow box.

I went to Michael's after work yesterday and bought a shadow box (regularly $24.99, but I had a 50% off coupon, so $12.50). I went home and put together a little invitation display. I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I had to trim the pocketfold flap a little bit to get it to fit into the box, but you can barely even tell.

Now we just have to figure out where we want to hang it up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Sweet!!! I love that idea. Also thanks for posting your very helpful instructions on the pocket folds!

Diana
Knottie (msoliver08)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's a great idea! I'll have to remember that for mine :)

Anonymous said...

I love your invitations (and your blog in general)... I was wondering ... how did you print your invites and inserts? Did you do it at home using a laser or inkjet printer or did you take them to a copy shop like Kinkos or Staples to have them done?