Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Everything goes wrong

I had a dream about the wedding last night. It was the first one in a long time.

In my dream, everything that could have gone wrong with our wedding--did go wrong with our wedding. Well, actually I shouldn't say that. The alarm went off (or rather, the dog jumped on my head) before we even made it to the church. You see, we were running wayyy behind, because everything was going so horribly.

I'd start a narrative of the dream, but it's so disjointed (like many dreams are), it'd just be a rambling mess. So I'll just list off things I remember:
  • My hair? It was never done. I don't know why. I guess my stylist didn't show up.
  • The flowers were all the wrong color.
  • Our photographers were an hour late.
  • The bridesmaids? Fighting.
  • We didn't even start getting me into my dress until after 1:00. The limo? Supposed to pick the girls up at 1:30.
  • As I pulled my hoop skirt out to put it on, I realized one of the hoops had come undone and I had to mess around with it for 10 minutes to get it figured out.
  • Once the dress was finally on, I was walking out the door to go outside and my leg somehow got caught underneath the screen door. No clue how. But blood, dirt, and a torn dress were the results.
  • Once outside, we were miraculously in the same place as all the guys. In my dream, I was making a big deal about Michael not seeing me before the wedding. I insisted someone put a blindfold on him.
  • At this time, I realize that only two of the groomsmen have tuxes. Michael, the other four groomsmen, and the dads all have no tuxes. They're standing there in street clothes. Mind you, at this time in the dream (approx. 1:30 for a 2:00 wedding), the guys were not only supposed to be dressed, but they were already supposed to be at the church.
  • Apparently, there was a problem with the tuxes. The guys are standing at the end of the driveway as if they expect the tuxes to magically appear.
  • I start blaming Michael for not coordinating the pick-up of the tuxes on the Thursday before the wedding.

I don't really remember anything else. The limo never arrived. I woke up before the tux issue was resolved. I still had blood and dirt on my dress, and a tear in it.

I guess I can rest assured that in the dream, should I have dreamt the rest of it, we probably would have been married at some point during the day. As long as I didn't kill anybody before I finally got to the church.

What do these things even mean?? How does the subconscious come up with this stuff?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can totally relate. I have dreamt about some really bizarre things happening the day of the wedding. In each dream, it's, of course, all my fiance or mom's fault, which always bothers me because I know they'll be responsible for what they need to be and then some, but I hate that my subconscious keeps blaming them. The only comfort I can offer is that you and I probably aren't the only ones this has happened to!

Linda said...

I've had the same dream twice. My dress doesn't get altered so I try to unhem it while I'm wearing it before I walk down the aisle.
Last night I dreamed that I asked people to move so I could remove the tablecloths before dinner was over!

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

my event is 7 months away and i've already had three nights of bad dreams! so i feel your pain.

Katy said...

Hello girls! I actually stumbled upon this blog because I was trying to google the interpretation of my wedding nightmare. Anything that could go wrong did. I still have 10 months to go before my wedding date too! Mine was a little different. No "wardrobe malfunctions", but I dreamt that we didn't contact any officiant and totally skipped that part of the big day, so by the time we got to the reception, we weren't even married! We didn't apply for a marriage license and we didn't even show up at the church! We just went straight to the reception where everything was a mess! It was awful and my girlfriend said that the closer I get, the more frequently I'll have these dreams. I can definately relate! It's scared me to death and my mom in the dream was so blase' about the whole thing. She said "Well, just act like you're married and then next weekend, you can go to the courthouse and make it official"! It was terrible!