Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Shower Invitations

It's a long story, but it came about that I ended up designing and making my own shower invitations.

I actually had a lot of fun with it--once I figured out what I wanted to do and came up with a design I was happy with. And they turned out so cute! I love them. So in the end, I wouldn't have had it any other way. I'm the DIY paper guru, so it only makes sense that I would have a hand in all things paper.

Here is one of the finished invitations (with some important stuff blurred out for privacy, of course):

It was difficult to take a photo with flash that didn't wash them out, but you get the idea. I actually ran the envelopes through the printer, too, which I also designed to have a few polka dots on the front left side.

These are going out in the mail tomorrow for my April 19 shower. So exciting!

5 comments:

Dana said...

Hello,
Did you make the whole invitation on the computer or did you purchase polka dot paper? It there one particular place that you obtain all of your paper from. They are really cute.
Thanks

Dana said...

Oops I just left a post about the paper. Here is my email below for you to respond to. Thanks

Heather said...

Dana--

I still don't see an e-mail address. Hopefully you will check back here.

Anyway, I designed the entire thing from scratch. Blank 8.5 x 11 paper (in black and in white), and blank envelopes. I designed the polka dots on the invite page.

There is not one particular place I get my paper. For big orders (invitations and such) I have gone through Anchor Paper, but for smaller projects like this, I just utilize the local craft stores.

Dana said...

Thank you so much for your quick response to my question. You do really great work. I look forward to reading you blog.

Anonymous said...

Heather, love your blog! What fonts did you use on the shower invites, I really like them! Thanks :)