Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Monday, March 24, 2008

89 days. Today, it's too long.

I'm at the point where on any given day, I have a pretty good idea of exactly how many days there are left until the wedding. It's all of a sudden easier to keep track now that we are under 100. I check the countdown every few days or so to see where we're at. Today, we're in the eighties already--89 days to go.

It's been a really long time since I've had an "it can't come soon enough" attitude about the wedding. Ever since January, I've been much more likely to subscribe to the "oh my god, there's no time--how am I going to get everything done?" frame of mind. Today, however, I'm feeling like it's still too far away. I am overly excited about it all and just want it to be here ASAP.

I think it's a combination of a few things that has made me feel this way. The first is probably the mailing of the shower invitations on Friday. For some reason, that made things feel really real. Then, on Saturday, in the car on the way to his sister's, Michael and I sketched out a calendar for our honeymoon, made a list of the activities/excursions we want to do there, and then scheduled them out. Now we just have to go ahead and book them. Doing that made the honeymoon seem even more real.

So now I'm ready to get married and go on the honeymoon. Like, now. Right now. Not 89 days from now. Now.

I actually prefer the stressed out, "there's not enough time" frame of mind. I hope it comes back soon.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm pretty glad not to be in the stressed out mode. Most days I don't even notice how much time is left. part of it is that there is too much time (116 days). When we get to less than 100 I'll get stressed out again!