Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Damn you, USPS

This is what $99 worth of postage looks like.


It is completely unfortunate that I learned what it felt like to drop that much money at the post office. $99 for something so completely intangible... but oh well. I guess I should count my blessings at this point that it's not more--here's hoping that the $0.58 stamps are actually enough to mail the pocketfold invitations. The last time I put together a complete mock-up and weighed it, it was just under 2.0 oz., which is the limit for the $0.58 cent postage. Let's hope it stays that way!

I'd also like to file a complaint with USPS about changing the postage rate right in the middle of my RSVP timeframe. Thanks a lot, bitches. That extra cent is really worth the trouble for you? Really??

If I remember correctly, the postage increase will take effect on May 15. Our RSVP deadline is May 21. And of course there are always stragglers. So we had to go with the "Forever" $0.41-cent stamps for our response cards. Ugly? Yes. But you know... we have aquamarine RSVP envelopes, so the purple wedding heart stamps would have clashed anyway.

That's me, looking at the bright side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

USPS never think of the brides planning weddings! (The date of the change is actually the 12th of May). I found your blog doing a google search!
Anyway....we bumped up when we're sending invites because of the rate change!