Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Zipline Adventure

We booked another Hawaiian excursion today.

I first saw the ziplining activity on Little People, Big World probably a year or so ago and I knew that if we ever went to Hawaii, we'd want to do this.

We'll be ziplining with Skyline Eco-Adventures on the day after the luau, which also happens to be the day before we leave for Kauai.

Skyline Eco-Adventures currently offers two different zipline courses on Maui. We ultimately decided to go with the zipline tour in Ka'anapali for a couple of reasons.

1) It's closer to the condo we'll be staying in. The other course is up at Haleakala, which is a pretty lengthy drive from our condo. We'll be traveling there earlier in the week to do a sunrise bike ride (which we have yet to book), and we'll also be driving across pretty much the entire island when we do the Road to Hana. So we decided it'll be best to stick closer to our accommodations.

2) It's longer. The Haleakala tour only offers four ziplines. The Ka'anapali one includes eight ziplines. It's also (from what I understand) a longer hike, and we'll stop at the edge of a cliff to enjoy lunch (the one in Haleakala doesn't feed you).

Since we booked in advance directly through the website, they gave us a "discounted" rate of $134/person. Gotta love a "discount." (If you could see me now, you'd see me rolling my eyes.)

We chose to book the noon timeslot so we don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get there. Especially since it's the day after the luau. :) We'll be getting up really, really early to do the sunrise bike tour, and we'll also get up very early to do the Road to Hana. With this, we'd like to be a little more relaxed. We figure we'll be able to get up, go enjoy some snorkeling or swimming, and then head over to the ziplining. Fun, fun.

Here are a couple of photos I snagged from Trip Advisor:

This is someone ziplining at the Haleakala course.

This is the view from the cliff where the Ka'anapali tour takes a break for lunch.

No comments: