Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Monday, March 31, 2008

Somber

A complete change of pace tonight.

This topic is so far from being wedding-related, I almost feel guilty posting it. But you know what? This is my blog. So I guess I can post whatever I want to, huh?

I just hope no one is offended.

I saw this the other day on another blog. I was so moved by it that I want to share it with others. But be warned... it is sad. For me, I think it's good to take a step back once in a while. Something like this puts life in perspective.

It makes the stresses of wedding planning seem all too trivial. Of course we all know that wedding planning isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of life. But we do allow ourselves to get quite caught up in it from time to time.

And given my recent post about my brother and the military, this hit very close to home for me.

First, read the story here. Then decide if you want to watch this (if you aren't able to watch it with sound, believe me--wait until you can to watch it).

God bless all the men and women in the armed services.

2 comments:

Dana said...

I think that is very fitting, in the time and age that we live in. Especially since your brother is in the military. The web site that you linked it to, it was beautiful. I do not agree with this war, but I still want all the men and women who are serving to be safe.

N. said...

Thank you for posting that. It was a beautiful reminder of how precious life is.