Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fitting #2

I had a dress fitting this afternoon.

Fitting #1 was pretty informal, it was just my mom and me at her house back in December when the dress came in. So I guess this was my first actual fitting. It was fun to have the dress on again. Also, it was the first time I had my veil to try on with my dress.

After searching and searching, I ended up finding shoes (finally). They just came yesterday from shoes.com:
I tried them on, and pretty much immediately decided they had to be it. I needed the shoes to do the fitting because as it turns out, as much as I tried to fight it, I'm going to need a slight hem. I wanted to avoid one altogether, but it's just not going to happen. The seamstress said the original hem is actually quite crooked. It's longer on the sides than it is in front, so she needs to take it up a little in some areas but not in others. She said the dress designers usually assume that the dress will need to be hemmed anyway so they aren't too careful with the hems. Lovely.

She put all the pins in place and I will go back in mid-May for a third fitting to make sure the hem turned out correctly, and also to figure out the bustle. She says it'll be easier to figure out the bustle once the hem is done. I was a little disappointed because I thought we would be doing that today... oh well. Mid-May will be here before I know it.

I'm crossing my fingers that all goes well with the alterations! I'm grateful that the hem and the bustle are all I need to have done.

No comments: