Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hawaiian Luau

We booked our first honeymoon "excursion"... a Hawaiian luau! I am so excited, I can hardly stand it.
On Saturday, we sketched out a rough outline of our time in Hawaii and figured out which activities we'd like to book in advance, and which days to do them. We decided to book the luau for our second-to-last night in Maui (before we head off to Kauai for the second half of the trip).

I've heard a lot of good things about the Old Lahaina Luau. It's supposed to be very authentic and traditional, and the food and entertainment get good reviews. The menu looks fantastic; I can't wait to try everything (well, everything except the seafood items... blechh). There's also open bar for the whole night... several tropical drinks and such to choose from. Yum! Now we just have to figure out how we're going to get back to our condo after all of that, haha.

We decided to book the conventional table/chair seating. I would have loved to do the traditional mat seating to get the full experience, but I generally have a hard time sitting for lengthy periods without back support (i.e. bleachers at sports events, concerts on the lawn, etc.). I think we'll be more comfortable in the chairs.

Everything certainly costs a pretty penny. As you can see on the luau website, tickets are $92 per person! Yikes! I have to keep reminding myself that this is our honeymoon, and it's Hawaii... it will all be worth it. It's all part of the experience.

Here are a few photos I found on Trip Advisor from people who attended this luau:


Looks so fun... is it June yet?

No comments: