Looking for me?

Still interested in keeping up with me and my life "after the aisle"?
Come visit me on my new blog, Heather Drive. I hope to see you all on the other side!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rehearsal Dress

I found my rehearsal dinner dress several weeks ago when I was at the mall wandering around on a quiet weeknight. Those of you who know me can attest to the fact that this rarely happens. In general, I'm not a big fan of shopping (I know, *gasp!*) so I rarely just "wander" around the mall. That night, however, I was in "a mood" so I decided to take advantage of it.

I ended up finding a dress at Ann Taylor Loft. I wasn't looking specifically for anything, but for me, there's this annoying little rule that seems to be a given in my life. When I'm looking for something, I can't find it. If I'm looking for the perfect gift, I can't find one. If I'm looking for a kickass pair of new jeans, I can't find them. If I'm looking for a special occasion dress... you betcha I can't find one. So when I saw a few cute dresses in Ann Taylor Loft, I decided that I should strike while the iron was hot and try them on.

I walked out with this:



Please excuse the crappy self portraits, in our bathroom no less. But you get the idea.

I figure if I happen to find something I like better, great. But given that my life seems to follow that pesky "can't find it when you're looking" rule, it's highly doubtful that I will.

Now, I just need to find a light cardigan or something to go over it. I'm one of those people that is always freezing in air conditioning. Our church isn't air conditioned, so I'm sure I'll be OK in there, but I'm likely to be shivering in the restaurant for our rehearsal dinner. Especially if I have cold feet (kidding, kidding!).

No comments: